January 15, 2018
Every year, we prepare our appetites for Restaurant Week South Carolina, an 11-day event celebrating local flavors and experiences from fine to casual dining. Factory residents can discover new flavors throughout Charleston’s restaurant scene, tasting special menu items while enjoying special discounts around town.
Check out a list of our favorite #RWSC promotions right by Factory that you won’t want to miss!
- The Community Pizza House – Craft pizza, craft beer, it’s so much to love! Located in the Tanger Outlets, just 8 minutes away from your Factory home, our leasing team just can’t get enough! You and your guest can enjoy lunch for just $20 or dinner for $30 (dessert included). If you ask us, it’s a steal!
- Lotus – This is the definition of a classy dinner with convenience! Yummy Vietnamese cuisine is just a 5 minute walk from our beautiful community and will not disappoint! Our leasing consultant Josh recommends the “PHO BO” entrée and it just happens to be an option for the special “3 courses for $20.” Let us know how you like it!
- Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse – Can’t decide what you have a taste for? The Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse might be the perfect choice. If you have never been, you have to try out this unique dining experience! Good thing they are less than 10 minutes from your Factory home because you might need a nap instead of dessert! They are offering an ALL YOU CAN EAT special for just $30!
The Factory team will never get tired of expressing how much we love our location! We are just 15 minutes from downtown Charleston, so the list goes on and on (66 more to be exact!) You can check out the link below to decide what your favorite options would be! Feel free to share with us! Happy Charleston Restaurant Week from your Factory team!
December 11, 2017
1. Holiday Festival of Lights at James Island County Park | November 10th to January 1st
Named in the “10 Best Holiday Light Shows in America”, this is definitely a favorite of Charleston locals and surrounding areas. Gather your family and friends, as you pay by the car and prepare for 3 miles full of beautiful Christmas lights. You’ll also be able to park and walk through lights, roast marshmallows, meet Santa himself and enjoy mouth-watering treats from Santa’s Sweet Shoppe.
2. 2017 New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise | Sunday, December 31st from 9 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
If you already have plans for Christmas Holidays, don’t forget about New Years! Bring romance to your New Year’s celebration with the SpiritLine Dinner Cruise. Executive Chef, Shawn Eustace will prepare a four course dinner and will be served by attentive wait staff. There will be live music perfect for dancing with your partner or friend on both decks and a champagne toast at midnight.
3. Great Russian Nutcracker Performance at The North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center | Saturday, December 9th
Moscow ballet is coming to the North Charleston Coliseum located just 10 minutes from your Factory home! The award-winning artists, over 40 professional dancers, stunning hand-painted sets and hand-made costumes make up the classic Great Russian Nutcracker that everyone will be entertained by.
4. Holiday Parade of Boats | Saturday, December 9th from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
This event allows people of the Lowcountry to enjoy a parade of boats decorated with colorful lights along the Charleston waterfront. This family friendly event is sure to become a favorite holiday tradition. The party will be catered with a cash bar as well!
There is always something happening nearby the Factory at Garco, especially during the holidays. We hope you have the chance to experience winter eventer happening what’s happening in your neighborhood this season!
November 3, 2017
We are so ready for fall at The Factory! All of the biggest festivals and events in North Charleston happen right here in Park Circle. That’s why we are so excited about our great location, we can get there with just a 5-minute walk!
Nov. 4th: Park Circle will kick off their 5th annual Rockabillaque Festival on Saturday at 11 a.m. Come enjoy an action-packed day of fun to include a classic car and vintage motorcycle show, live music, tattoo competitions, Miss Rockabillaque pin-up contest and more! Our Factory team will also have their big orange tent set up, come say hi! Continue reading
October 9, 2017
Ditch the car and walk to happy hour! We are lucky to have such a prime location for the best food spots in North Charleston all under a 10-minute walk from our apartments. Park Circle is a haven for every beer-loving or food-adventurer out there, and we’ve named a list of the Top 7 places residents love to eat! Have you tried one of these spots before?
1. Fratellos Italian Tavern (7 min walk)
2. DIG in the Park (6 min walk)
3. LoLa (6 min walk)
4. Lotus (6 min walk)
5. Sesame Burger (9 min walk)
6. Madra Rua (7 min walk)
7. Yobo (6 min walk)
Our property is close to a variety of fun places to socialize, meet new people and try some amazing food that Park Circle is famous for.
Come by our offices today and find out how you can live in the most convenient spot in North Charleston!
September 1, 2017
It’s time to dust off your college football jerseys and freshen up on your trash talking… College football season has arrived! We’re getting ready to kick off this season by highlighting our favorite places to catch the game and the best ways to celebrate your beloved team! Whether you’re a Gamecock, Clemson, or Citadel Bulldogs fan, we have some perfect places for you to spend your game nights:
Where to Watch
There’s nothing like watching a game with fellow fans! Here are a few local spots that bring celebrating to the next level: Continue reading
August 18, 2017
Millions of visitors will flood to South Carolina to watch the solar eclipse from all around the nation. The path of totality will pass through Columbia, Greenville and Charleston where there will be one to two minutes of blackout! When the eclipse comes, where will you be?
Here are a few other local spots hosting eclipse events:
- Isle of Palms will be hosting a viewing party on Front Beach, starting at 11:30 a.m. There will be music, educational events and lots of children’s activities. Pick up your special glasses when you arrive!
- Riverdogs Stadium: Meet up at The Joe to hear from special guests from NASA, enjoy some baseball and beer! The gates open at 1p.m. for early entrance to the 2:48 p.m. eclipse viewing and stay for the game! The Charleston Riverdogs will be playing against the Augusta Green Jackets!
- Daniel Island MUSC Stadium: Now this should be a huge party! There will be fun for the whole family with live streams of the eclipse, a kid zone, local food, a full bar, live entertainment and much more! There will be an $8 admission for most but military, first responders and anyone under 12 years of age gets in free. Gates open at 11:00 a.m.
We hope that you enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon and will be ready to celebrate in your lovely eclipse glasses this August 21st!
August 4, 2017
There are plenty of options for dog-lovers who want to chase after some fun. Here are a few ideas to show you the best spots for a doggone amazing time!
1. Our wonderful location in Park Circle: We are so stoked to be right in the heart of Park Circle! There are areas, parks and restaurant patios that are pet friendly perfect! Almost all of the restaurants on East Montague offer an outdoor patio area so your pets can enjoy some fresh air while you get your grub on.
2. Riverfront Park is a wonderful greenspace to take your pup for a walk, as well as the circle itself. It’s also the perfect place for a picnic!
3. Paws on the Patio Event: Happy hour with your pup?! Yes please, and it’s for a good cause! Support The Charleston Animal Society at the Paws on the Patio Event! Bring your fury friends and enjoy happy hour on the patio at Burtons Grill. With the purchase of your ticket, you will receive two drink tickets, plus an appetizer buffet. This event is held on the second Thursday of every month. Buy your tickets:
4. Adventure Harbor Tours are a must-do in Charleston, plus they don’t make you leave your pups at home! They offer private boat charters, sunset boat cruises, field trips and other boat tours. Find more info at: https://adventureharbortours.com/
5. IOP and Folly Beach are both pet friendly beaches. They are both less than 20 minutes from your Factory home and also offer off-leash hours in the summer and winter months.
6. If your pet love is for cats instead, there is a Pounce Cat Café in downtown Charleston. Indulge in wine and pastries while you are around the purrfect company! The coolest thing about this place? They are partnered with the Charleston Animal Society. If you happen to fall in love with one, you can adopt them and take them home!
We hope you found some inspiration for the next adventure! Have fun exploring all of the convenient opportunities to enjoy a nice day out with your pet!
July 21, 2017
It’s time to ditch your routine movie night and bring some adventure into your date nights with exciting specials happening around Factory at Garco this summer! July is full of fun events and deals, so take a look at some of our recommendations and treat your date to something new.
I’m sure we can all agree, it has been HOT! If you would like a chance to get out the July heat AND win over your date, try ice skating! The Carolina Ice Palace is a great place to skate hand-in-hand while keeping cool, and it’s only a 13-minute drive from your place in Park Circle!
What’s better than rolling out of bed and grabbing breakfast with your significant other on a Saturday morning? Junction Kitchen offers a delicious breakfast menu and is only 3 minutes from your Factory apartment! Don’t worry about the time, take a few extra snuggles, they serve breakfast all day! Continue reading
June 30, 2017
Have you made your Fourth of July plans yet? If you live at The Factory, your apartment is just minutes away from some of the most exciting holiday happenings in town!
The City of North Charleston will be hosting its annual Fourth of July Festival to celebrate the nation at Riverfront Park. This event could not be better…or bigger! The festival holds the record for largest Fourth of July firework show in the Lowcountry!
There will be entertainment for the whole family with a DJ and live bands performing throughout the evening, bounce castles, a giant sandbox, plus almost 20 food trucks.
The best part? This nearby event is FREE! Pedal your Factory bike down to the park, or bring your lawn chair and picnic blankets. The event starts on July 4 at 3:00 pm.
Can’t wait to see all of our residents there!
May 25, 2017
Wondering what to do over the long weekend? Your team at The Factory has got you covered with tons of great tips on what to do at your apartment, in Park Circle, and throughout Charleston!
On Friday evening, Factory residents are starting off Memorial Day Weekend with America’s pastime at the Charleston RiverDogs baseball game! The game against the Greenville Drive starts at 7:05 at Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park (or, ‘the Joe’). Factory apartment residents and staff will be there in our orange Factory sunglasses. If you’re going to the game, come say hi! Continue reading
May 17, 2017
Have plans next Thursday? What about the Thursday after that? If you’re anything like us, we’re pretty sure the answer is yes—and that the plan involves you at the North Charleston Farmers Market.
The best part? The North Charleston Farmers Market happens at Park Circle, so you’re just two minutes away at your Factory apartment! In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables from Joseph Fields Farm, Fields Farm, and Frank Simmons Farm, the market has activities for kids, live music, and a featured food truck every Thursday. Continue reading
May 5, 2017
An apartment at The Factory puts you right in the center of everything Park Circle has to offer. And considering that Park Circle is one of the hottest spots in the Charleston area, it has a LOT to offer!
With our Factory Favorites series, we’ll tell you about some of our favorite area restaurants, shops, and hangout spots. In this edition, we’re featuring Park Circle’s favorite spot for Vietnamese, Lotus.
Lotus is just a five-minute walk from your apartment at The Factory and it’s perfect for lunch, dinner, or drinks! The atmosphere is classy and upscale, but the prices are totally reasonable. You’ll get fresh ingredients in all the delicious Vietnamese classics they prepare, and the cocktail menu is inspired!
We recommend going for dinner and sitting outside to enjoy your meal al fresco!
What’s your favorite restaurant in Park Circle? Let us know on social media!
April 27, 2017
April showers bring…May events! From sporting events to food festivals, there’s something everyone can enjoy in the Charleston area this May. Check out some of The Factory team’s favorite upcoming activities:
May 2: RiverDogs Game
It’s baseball season! Buy seam peanuts and crackerjacks and root for Charleston’s home team, the RiverDogs! The team will be playing its first home game of the month against Lakewood. Leaving from your apartment at The Factory, you’ll be at the stadium in under 20 minutes. Continue reading
April 21, 2017
With Earth Day this weekend, The Factory wants to take a minute to remind you of some of the incredible parks in our area. With our apartments’ location in Park Circle, it’s no wonder we’re near some of the most beautiful parks, gardens, and outdoor activities in the Charleston area.
If you’ve never visited the Park Circle Butterfly Garden, you are missing out! The butterfly garden is full of beautiful, well-maintained plants that attract tons of gorgeous butterflies. It’s a peaceful spot to enjoy the beauty of nature just a few blocks away from your apartment at The Factory! If the butterflies and plants aren’t enough to reel you in, the Park Circle Butterfly Garden is also home to the North Charleston Farmers Market starting in May! Continue reading
March 31, 2017
Spring is in full swing in Park Circle! We are so excited for our first spring at The Factory; we know our apartment residents are too! There’s a lot going on this April both on the property and in the community. Here are some of the April events we’re most looking forward to: Continue reading
March 17, 2017
When you live in an apartment at The Factory, you’re just blocks away from Park Circle’s best restaurants, shops, bars, and cafes. Each month, we’re bringing you one of our Factory Faves.
This month, we’re highlighting our favorite place for a daily caffeine fix: Orange Spot Coffeehouse. Continue reading
March 8, 2017
While there’s never a shortage of fun activities in Park Circle, the St. Paddy’s Day Block Party and Parade might be the biggest and most fun of all.
Now in its fourteenth year, the celebration on Saturday, March 11 is the largest of its kind in the Lowcountry. The City of North Charleston shuts down East Montague Avenue from Virginia Ave to Jenkins Ave for the parade starting at noon and the party that follows. There will be three stages with all-day live music, food and drink vendors, a kid’s zone, and more. Continue reading
March 3, 2017
Spring is just around the corner, and with The Factory’s fantastic Park Circle location, your apartment can be just around the corner from your favorite spring events!
While there’s something to do every day in the Charleston area, here are just a few of our favorite upcoming March events: Continue reading
February 17, 2017
The Factory offers a discounted move-in rate for members of the armed services, teachers, police officers, firefighters, and employees of some of the largest companies in the Charleston area through our Preferred Employer Program.
As an employee of one of these companies, you will have a combined application and reservation fee of just $99 for your apartment! That’s a savings of more than $200; it’s our way of thanking these employees for choosing to live at The Factory Apartments. Continue reading
February 10, 2017
One of our favorite things about The Factory is its stellar location. Park Circle is one of the most popular and most exciting places in the Charleston region; we’re so excited for our apartment residents to get to know the area!
Park Circle is known for its. One of our favorites is Fratello’s Italian Tavern, located on East Montague Avenue just a few doors down from The Factory Apartments. Continue reading
February 3, 2017
Join us at The Factory!
Whether you’ve watched the apartments go up from the beginning or you’ve just spotted them in Park Circle, we want you to come explore what The Factory has to offer.
That’s why we’re hosting a ‘Taste and Tour’ of The Factory on Saturday, February 11. Join our friendly staff and CARES Team anytime from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm to enjoy food from Park Circle’s favorite Italian restaurant, Fratello’s, and check out The Factory. Continue reading
January 27, 2017
The Factory’s location in Park Circle is hard to beat. No matter what time of year it is, there’s always something exciting going on in our neighborhood. Of course, having an onsite CARES Team at The Factory to host events also helps! Whether you’re new to the area or a Charleston native, The Factory team wants to help you experience all that Park Circle has to offer this February! Check out some of our top events for the month: Continue reading
January 19, 2017
Though The Factory is a brand-new apartment community, we are already able to promise that our residents will love living here.
How are we able to do this? Well of course there’s the incredible Park Circle location (food, drinks, shopping, and more within walking distance), the luxurious apartments, and the out-of-this-world amenities from the fitness center to the pool cabanas, just to name a few. But we’ve gone a step beyond that. Continue reading
December 15, 2016
Looking for a good reason to live at Park Circle? We could go on for days about what makes Park Circle special, why you’ll be obsessed with The Factory, and why your friends will be jealous of your incredible apartment, but for now we’ll just give you our top ten reasons to reserve your Factory apartment today: Continue reading
November 9, 2016
Finding a place that you and your pup can both enjoy shouldn’t be stressful. At The Factory, we love your furry friends just as much as you do. That’s why our apartments are pet-friendly and perfectly suited for you and Fido.
Not only can you and your dog take long walks throughout the expansive surrounding parks, you can also go to the resident-exclusive dog park on site! Your dog will love getting to sniff and say ‘hi’ to his neighbors at this off-leash park. If he gets a little messy, don’t fret. We have a dog spa with special washing stations so you can pamper your pooch!
There’s a two-pet-per-apartment policy and we’ll require a pet fee of $300. Check out our Pet’s Corner page for more information on having a pet at The Factory!